Sunday, January 6, 2008

a Firenze con la famiglia

Buongiorno!

So Florence with the family has been a delight, duh. We have pretty much trekked down every alley and cobblestone street, at least once--probably ten times. I'm glad to have such a familiarity with the citta' before school even starts!

New Year's Eve was truly charming! We dined along the "Arno River" at la Nanamuta. It was great! I even chimed in with the Italian countdown. What a way to bring in 2008. My resolutions:

1. stop the hair twirling (as always)
2. no more gum chewing (save me money, too!)
3. and become fluent in italian! (I’m already improving ogni giorno)

We saw the Statue of David at l'Academia Galleria. The energy surrounding this magnificent piece so thoroughly studied and globally pondered truly left us gasping for oxygen. We also made some side trips to Siena and San Gimingnano. Quaint towns, indeed. Siena's brick square was so unique and our Capetown-raised tour guide was a treat.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Hooker family vacation without my mom getting sick. But, she is better now. Sorry she had to miss some of the action.

All for now!

Kelsey

1 comment:

Team Whaley said...

I'm going to miss your hair twirling in class this semester. Did you notice how Olivia started twirling her hair by the end of last semester? I thought that was hilarious!