Wednesday, February 6, 2008

alcune piccole gite

Buongiorno!

New roommates have arrived! Call my parents for details (non posso dirvi sul internet—I can’t disclose this info on the web). Sorry, mom and dad!

Last weekend I went to Verona, a scene for many “star-cross(eyed) lovers” attempting imitations of the great love affair of Romeo e Giulietta. Aka: Gum-chewing teenager-couples scribbling their names on the wall near the famous balcony. All in all, the city was delightful--much more charming than I had imagined. My party followed the advice of Rick Steves, a handy travel guide, the entire way. We saw the Scala family tombs, and even climbed a tower for a breathtaking panoramic of the city’s rooftops. Lovely, indeed.

Quà, a Firenze, I have not forgotten to take advantage. (Don’t let my shabby “I’m-not-a-tourist, really” alias fool you). My favorite place thus far: the Palazzo Vecchio. The reason: it is riddled with secret passageways. I guess I am just a sucker for keeping antique enigmas alive. The tour of these historic and clandestine ducts was hands down the best part of the museum.

As for this coming weekend, I am Rome-bound. I am sure I will have much to report. Until then, state bene e mi mancate tutti di voi! (Stay well, I miss you!)

-K

1 comment:

k. said...

I LOVE SECRET PASSAGEWAYS!!! Seriously, I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons I love the movie "The Secret Garden" (which I purchased two weeks ago!) is because there are secret passages.

I love you! It sounds like you are having the time of your life!!! (But still, I can't wait to see you.)

Love,
Kelly